This pack takes the student through the different genres of writing when a passage is given. Writing tasks based on a given piece of text is very popular in the entrance exams. Most grammar and independent schools use this style of questioning as it not only tests the child’s writing skills but also their skills to comprehend.
This pack covers:
- Continuing a story from a passage
- Changing the point of view
- Arguments based on a passage
- Letters based on a passage
- Diary entries based on a passage
- Newspaper article based on a passage
What is included in this pack?
1. Six comprehensive guidances (written notes)
One guidance for each of the above sub-genre is provided to offer comprehensive help with planning, language, length and avoiding common mistakes.
2. Ten different assignments (writing tasks)
Two assignments each for Arguments, Letters, Diary Entries and Newspaper Articles; one each for Continuing a story and Changing the point of view. Each assignment has a passage, writing task based on the passage and a detailed guidance (prompts and instructions) to help your child to complete the assignment.
3. Evaluation and Feedback Service for all ten assignments.
Upon receipt of the payment, you will be emailed the entire writing pack in one go. You then decide the pace at which the completed assignments are returned to us. You can return all at once or separately, as and when they are completed. Within 48 working hours of receipt of each completed assignment, we will evaluate and return it to you with a detailed feedback and grading.