This pack takes the student through all types of letter writing. Even in this age of emails and messages, there is a need for children to learn how to write letters. Letter Writing is an important part of the Key Stage 2 Syllabus and therefore a very important element of preparing for the 11+ and grammar school entrance exams. Letters of complaint, job applications, thank you letters, letters to the council, letters to friends and family - the list goes on and on. This pack will make them aware of different styles of writing, the use of formal and informal letters, and to select style and vocabulary appropriate to the intended reader.
This pack covers:
- Informal Letters
- Letters to inform - This is further split into Letters to Thank, Letters of Regret and Letters to Invite.
- Letters to Persuade - This is further split into Letters to the Prime Minister, Letters to the Head Teacher, Letters to Santa, Letters to the Council and Letters to Apply
- Letters to complain
What is included in this pack?
1. Four comprehensive guidance (written notes)
One guidance for each of the above sub-genre is given to offer help with formats, language, understanding the purpose and audience.
2. Ten different assignments (writing tasks)
One assignment for each type of letter mentioned above. Each assignment has a detailed guidance (prompts and instructions) to help your child to complete the assignment.
3. Evaluation and Feedback Service for all ten assignments.
Upon receipt of the payment, you will be emailed the entire writing pack in one go. You then decide the pace at which the completed assignments are returned to us. You can return all at once or separately, as and when they are completed. Within 48 working hours of receipt of each completed assignment, we will evaluate and return it to you with a detailed feedback and grading.